Monday, June 21, 2010

Cherry Cupcakes


I decided to try and create a new flavor cupcake for Father's day/birthdays. We have a very busy June with father's day and 3 birthdays all within about 5 days of each other.
I picked up a cherry extract a while back that I never had reason to use and at one point I bought a package of dried Cherries. So automatically my first thought was to try and create a cherry cupcake.
For a first try I think I did pretty well. They have just enough cherry flavor so that they aren't overpowering but they still taste like cherry. I even made cherry frosting which my mom said she likes better than regular butter creme frosting. :)
Since this was my first foray into truly making my own flavor cupcakes I guess I'll keep it up and try some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment